Are you in search of the best wireless mouse and keyboard combo that you can rely on for browsing, working and gaming? Wireless mice and keyboards are extremely portable and versatile, making them a great option if you’re a person who travels a lot or simply enjoys more maneuverability and a cleaner desk space.
A wireless mouse and keyboard combo is also be a great option for gamers who have already chosen the best controller for gaming and only need a mouse and keyboard for the basics. Whether you’re looking for something cheap and simple or advanced and stylish, there are plenty of options for buying the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo that satisfies your needs.
How to Choose the Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Having the best wireless keyboard and mouse can make your computing life much more convenient, portable and enjoyable. However, you want to make sure that you’re investing in a keyboard that addresses your preferences for battery life, connectivity and individualized comfort. Here are some things to consider, especially if you want to find the best wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming:
- Key Features. Many keyboards come with a range of program hotkeys so you can assign certain buttons to open frequently used apps in a matter of seconds. Additionally, some keyboards also come with easy-access multimedia keys so you can adjust volume, screen brightness and more without having to disrupt what you’re doing on the screen.
- Mouse Type. Computer mice come in all shapes and designs, and wireless mice are no exception. Most of the best wireless mouse options will have rubberized or textured grips with a contoured, ambidextrous design so you can easily and comfortably use the mouse for long periods of time. Others may only be suitable for right-handers, so be sure to look out for mouse design if this is a concern. Also take some time to consider the size of the mouse in relation to the size of your hand. Having a mouse that’s too big or too small can have a large impact on your gameplay and comfort, so choose a mouse that fits you and your play style.
- Battery Life. Most wireless keyboards and wireless mice are powered by AA or AAA batteries. A few may be rechargeable; there are even some solar-powered options that only need light to operate, so you don’t have to worry about changing the batteries at all. The best wireless keyboard options can usually run between 15 months and 3 years with one set of batteries. The best wireless mouse options usually range between 8 months and 2 years. It’s important to note that this all depends on how much you use the mouse. If you plan on using your wireless mouse frequently for gaming, make sure to choose the options with the longest battery life while also considering overall reliability.
- Keyboard Shape and Design. Wireless keyboards come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, weights and designs. If you’re prone to wrist fatigue or you’re on the computer a lot, consider choosing a wireless keyboard with a textured wrist rest and an ergonomic design. There are also plenty of options for simple, clean and slim keyboards for those that want to keep their workspace as tidy as possible. If you’re shopping for the best gaming keyboard that will keep you comfortable through hours of gaming, choose a powerfully constructed keyboard with integrated wrist rests.
9 Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combos in 2018
*Please note: product prices, ratings and availability that are shown above are applicable for Amazon.com Marketplace only! Any prices, ratings and product availability from other Amazon local marketplaces such as Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.in and others may be different from the ones shown in this table.
Logitech Wireless Performance Combo MX800
The Best High-End Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo from Logitech
The Logitech Wireless Performance mouse and keyboard combo comes with an incredibly comfortable design made for silence and precision. You only need one USB for both components and the keyboard has intelligent auto-illumination so you can work in the dark with ease.
- Backlighting capabilities
- Mouse works on glass
- Very quiet typing with comfortable keys
- Lacks a curved, ergonomic layout
- Large mouse
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
Good Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with Shortcut Keys
The Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 keyboard and mouse combo is designed with a textured palm rest and an ambidextrous mouse design for maximum comfort. Along the top of the keyboard is a range of program shortcut keys, making this a great option if you like convenience.
- Pillow-textured wrist rest for support
- Ambidextrous mouse with side grips
- Comes with several program shortcut keys
- Click-free mouse wheel (not ideal for some gamers)
- May have connectivity issues if not properly set up
- USB transceiver not easily replaced
Great Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with Long Battery Life
The Logitech MK520 is a full-sized wireless keyboard and mouse combo that you can easily plug in and start using right away. If you’re looking for the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo that you don’t have to worry about charging very often, this is a great option because the keyboard can last for as long as 3 years on only 3 regular batteries.
- Extensive battery life and on/off switch
- Lightweight, contoured mouse
- Integrated palm rest
- May experience connectivity delay
- Mouse may have lag issues
- Key response problems may occur
Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550
The Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with an Ergonomic Design
The Logitech Wireless Wave Combo is a uniquely shaped keyboard designed to keep your wrists comfortable during long typing or gaming sessions. It can be operated at up to 30 feet and the mouse can have up to 2 years of battery life with standard AA batteries. This keyboard also comes with plenty of operational and navigational controls, including enhanced F-keys and the option to quickly launch a web browser or your email.
- Contoured laser mouse
- “Wave-design” keyboard with palm rest
- Long battery life and receiver length
- Fairly large and wide
- Laser mouse sensor won’t work on all surfaces
- Lacks hyper-fast scrolling
Affordable Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with a Lightweight Design
The Dell KM117 wireless keyboard and mouse combo comes in a simple and compact package, making it a great option for those who prefer tidy desks. The keyboard is also very light and can lay completely flat, which may be advantageous depending on your typing and gaming style.
- Slim and lightweight design
- Plenty of multimedia and hotkeys
- May be uncomfortable during long sessions
- Lacks LED indicators (caps lock indicator, for example)
- May experience slow response
The Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Right-Handers
The Logitech MK345 keyboard and mouse combo comes with generous battery life (up to 18 months for the mouse and 3 years for the keyboard) as well as easy-access media keys. If you’re a beginner wireless user on a budget and just want the basics, this keyboard and mouse combo could be a good choice.
- Spill-resistant design
- Wrist rest and contoured mouse for comfort
- Good battery life
- Mouse not designed for left-handers
- Mouse is small
- Not ideal for heavy gaming
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900
Great Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with Quiet Keys
The Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard and mouse combo has a clean, ambidextrous design along with easy-access hot keys and customizable buttons for Windows features. It’s a very quiet and fairly affordable keyboard, but may not be ideal for heavy gaming.
- Quiet keys
- Sleek and modern design
- Ambidextrous mouse
- Lacks LED indicators
- USB transceiver not easily replaced
- Stiff/firm keys
Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with Extra Features
The Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse package comes with a cushioned palm rest and a curved layout for those who spend several hours typing on the computer. The mouse also has a unique thumb scoop and 4-way scroll wheel navigation for more versatility.
- “Natural Arc” key layout
- Mouse uniquely designed for convenience
- Includes detached number pad
- Can be hard to get used to for some
- Can take up more desk space compared with other wireless options
- USB transceiver not easily replaced
The Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo with Solar-Power Capabilities
The Logitech MK750 is a notably unique keyboard and mouse combo because it can be powered by a light source rather than batteries. The sculpted mouse and concave keys also make this combo a comfortable choice for extended typing sessions.
- Conveniently solar-powered by indoor and outdoor light sources
- Hyper-fast scrolling
- Slim, low-profile design
- Laser mouse doesn’t work on all surfaces
- Scratches easily
Enjoy Comfort and Convenience with a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Whether you’re a student in need of convenience, a gamer who wants lots of space or someone who prefers wireless products, there’s lots of choices when it comes to buying the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo that’s most suitable for your budget and style.
If you’re searching for the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo that includes plenty of features and a comfortable design, the Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550 won’t disappoint. If you’d like a keyboard that naturally contours to your wrists and finger tips, the Microsoft Sculpt might also be a good choice.
For something affordable and lightweight, you might consider the Dell KM117 or the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900. If battery life is your main concern, the Logitech MK520 or the Logitech MK750 are some of your best options.
No matter how you spend your time on your computer, having a comfortable and functional keyboard and mouse is essential. If you’re going wireless, picking the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo all comes down to choosing something that’s dependable, practical and worth your investment!