Skype is a great communication tool that brought a cheap and easy way to communicate with your friends and family, no matter how far away they are. However, with time, it became less user-friendly and eventually not that favorite among the users that turned to some other, more versatile and easier to use apps, such as Viber, for instance.
In other words, although still good, Skype is no longer wanted by everyone. Therefore, Skype’s integration into Windows 10 and its automatic start on System boot is not appreciated by many and presents more of a problem than a solution. Nevertheless, this can be easily fixed and demands only a few minutes of your time.
How to Disable Skype on Windows 10
If you are annoyed by the Skype automatic-start, you will be glad to know that there are numerous ways you can prevent it. Of course, depending on your preferences, you can just stop its automatic-start, or remove it permanently, and in the remainder of the text, you will be introduced to both approaches.
If you are irritated by the Skype automatic-start, but still want to keep it on your PC, you must do the following:
- First, you need to enter the Task manager, by typing its name in the “Search Box”. Once the Task manager appears among the results, left-click on it,
and in the newly opened window, select the “Startup” tab.
- Find “Skype” among the apps, right-click on it,
select “Disable” in the drop-down menu,
and there you go. Skypes’ automatic start will be turned off.
In case you don’t want to keep Skype on your PC and would rather remove it completely, these are the ways you can do it.
One of the easiest and the first on the list is through the Control panel.
- In this approach, first you’ll have to type “Control panel” in the Search box,
and when it appears among the results, left-click on it.
- After that, select “Uninstall a program” (it is located under the “Programs” category)
and find Skype among the apps in the newly opened window.
- Once you do, right-click on it, chose “Uninstall”
and the Skype installation will be removed from your PC.
Second, and probably the fastest way you can uninstall Skype from your computer is by removing it directly.
- In this process, you must find the Skype in the Start menu
or look for it in the Search box.
- Once you spot it or it appears in the results, you need to right-click on it, chose “Uninstall”
and believe it or not, your job is done.
If you don’t like the first two ways, you will be glad to know that there is a third way as well, Skype uninstallation through the “Settings”.
- This process begins by entering “Settings” through the Start menu,
after which you need to select “Apps”
and after that “Apps & Features”.
- Find Skype among the listed apps, click on it, select “Uninstall”
and Skype will no longer be part of your computer ecosystem.