A touchscreen is a handy thing that has made a revolution in how we consume and experience modern-day gadgets, such as smartphones, tablets, computers, as well as ATMs, TVs, and all sorts of machines that have incorporated this benefit. In most cases, it has sped up your actions, made things easier and more intuitive and generally helped you in everyday activities.
Nonetheless, there are occasions when such functionality isn’t what you need and you would like to turn it off, and with that in mind, we have put together this guide. You will be introduced to how to manage that on your Windows 10 machine and save yourself a lot of time.
Enable/Disable Your Touchscreen on Windows 10
If you need or want to disable the touchscreen on your Windows 10 machine, this is what you need to do:
- First, you have to open the Device Manager by typing “Device Manager” in the Search box
and left-clicking it, when it appears in the results.
- When the Device Manager window opens, find “Human Interface Devices” and expand them.
- Go to “HID-compliant touch screen”, right-click on it, and select “Disable device”.
- Confirm that by pressing “Yes”, in a newly opened window and that is pretty much it.
- If you want to turn on the device, just follow this whole process, and instead of “Disable device” select “Enable device”.
- Confirm that by pressing “Yes” in the new window, and there you go.