Capturing a screenshot of a display is a handy thing that lets you save your screen image fast and with ease. That way, you can save a phone number listed on the screen, an image, or any other type of information that might be important and need saving.
Therefore, it should be no wonder that any tablet, smartphone, laptop, or desktop computer allows for such activity, and today, you are going to be introduced to the way how to manage that on a Windows-based machine.
How to Screenshot on Windows
You should know that there are multiple ways you can take a screenshot on Windows and here, you will see the three most common ways to perform it.
How to Screenshot on Windows with Snip & Sketch
One of the easiest ways you can get to your screenshots is certainly with the help of the Snip & Sketch Windows 10 feature:
- Using this trait is super easy and it requires that you either find it among the apps by typing the “Snip & Sketch” in the Search box
and left-clicking it when it appears among the results or even faster, by simultaneously pressing Windows key + Shift +S.
- When the app opens, go to New.
Select the area that you want to screenshot by dragging the mouse over the area, while holding the left-key pressed and that will eventually make the image save on “Clipboard” allowing you to paste it wherever you want.
How to Screenshot on Windows with Snipping Tool
Another very handy tool to take screenshots on your Windows computer is the Snipping Tool that exists on every Windows from Vista on:
- This process is also super easy and requires that you open the Snipping Tool, by typing “Snipping Tool” in the Search box
and left-clicking it when it appears in the results.
- After it opens, you need to select “New”
and then drag the mouse over the area you want to screenshot while keeping the left button pressed the entire time.
- After that go to “File”,
“Save As”, decide about the format, and save the screenshot wherever you want and under the name you like.
How to Screenshot on Windows with Print Screen
If the previous two approaches aren’t good enough for you, you should know that there is an even easier way you can make your screenshots and that is with the help of Print Screen:
- As mentioned, this is a super easy process that only requires that you press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard, or simultaneously press the Windows key and “Print Screen” key, which will result in saving screenshot on your Clipboard, allowing you to paste it wherever you want.