Antivirus programs are the cornerstone of your online privacy and protection, and a must-have these days, more than ever. For that reason, many people have decided to subscribe to certain antivirus programs and automatically renew the license every year.
However, what if you want to switch to some other antivirus solution? What if you have subscribed to Avast, but want to try ESET NOD32, Kaspersky or some other antivirus. In that case, you need to cancel your Avast subscription, in order not to pay for something that you don’t use. Here’s how to do that:
How to Cancel Avast Subscription
If you have decided to cancel your Avast subscription, you should know that there are a couple of ways to do it and here are just some of them:
- First and one of the most common ways is through your “Avast account”, which can be managed over this link, where you will be required to enter your Avast account credentials.
- After that, you will get to “My Subscriptions” section, where you need to select “Unsubscribe”, bellow the name of the application that you no longer want to use.
- Choose “Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on…”, press the “Confirm” button and wait until the new window appears.
- When it does, click on “Got it” and that is pretty much it.
You have successfully canceled your Avast subscription.
If you have purchased your subscription via Digital River, you have the option to do the cancellation process over the “Avast customer portal”, which you can enter through the following link.
- In a newly opened window, you will be asked to enter your email (the one you used for the purchase) and the Order ID you received through the confirmation email from Digital River and click on “Log in” button.
- After that, on “Your subscriptions” page, click on “Unsubscribe” button, next to the product for which you want to cancel the subscription
and, similar as with the first process, select “Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on…”, press “Confirm”,
click on “Got it” and you have finished the job.
One more option, if the first two ways aren’t really your thing, or don’t work for some reason, is to contact Avast over this link.
- Fill in the required information, submit the request and wait for the Avast conformation,
or directly contact Avast support over their phone number +1-855-738-1646 and before you know it, you will free yourself from unneeded expenses.