If you own a laptop or a tablet with Windows 10 operating system and have problems with its screen brightness, you will be glad to know that there are quick solutions for it, and all you need to do to fix it is just a couple of clicks with your mouse. Now, depending on your problem, this solution might differ a bit. However, what is important is that you will have brightness levels right where you wanted them.
Therefore, let’s get to business!
How to change Brightness in Windows 10
As previously mentioned, there are a couple of ways you can cope with your inadequate screen brightness, that depends on your problem, and here, you are going to be introduced to the most common ones.
First, the manual brightness adjustment.
- In this process, you first need to enter Windows 10 Settings, either through the Start Menu
or by typing “Settings” in the “Search box”
and left-click on it.
- After they open, you need to enter “System”
and after that select “Display”.
- In the newly opened “Display” window, go to the slider under “Change brightness for the built-in display”, adjust the brightness to the level that suits you and that is it.
Second, automatic brightness adjustment based on the remaining battery life.
- If you want to set the brightness in accordance with the level of your battery, you should first enter your PC’s Settings.
- After that, you need to go to “System”,
and finally to “Battery saver” settings. Once you get there, make sure that the squares in front of “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery fails bellow:” and “Lower screen brightness while in battery saver” are checked and with the help of a slider, establish at what battery level the battery saver will turn on,
and you are done.