Having photos and generally, all the important data accessible all the time on your Android device, is a great thing. Nonetheless, sooner or later, your device’s storage will become too cramped and you will have to move your photos and other files somewhere else, to bring a bit of relief to your device and let it work as it used to once again.
To do that, you can always transfer the photos to Google Drive, or some other cloud service; however, you can also transfer them to your computer, which should certainly save some money, of course, only if you have enough space available on your machine.
How to Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
Transferring your Android photos to the computer is no hard task; however, the whole process may vary depending on your computer’s Operating System. For that reason, you will be introduced to this process, in the case of the two most common Operating Systems – Windows and Mac.
How to Transfer Photos from Android to Windows Computer
If you own a Windows-based machine and want to transfer the photos from your Android device to the computer this is what you need to do:
- First, connect your Android device to the PC with the help of the appropriate USB cable.
- Press the “Charging this device via USB” notification on your Android device, and change the USB use to File Transfer.
- After that, go to My PC (Windows Explorer)
and enter the Android device connected to your computer, by double-clicking on its folder.
- Once you do that, locate your photos on the device (they have usually located in the DCIM> Camera folders either on your external card or the main drive),
select the ones that you want and drag them to the desired location,
or right-click on them, choose Copy from the drop-down menu, and paste them into the desired folder.
- After that, your job is done, you can unplug the cable and can continue your other activities.
How to Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
Moving your photos to Mac is also a straightforward process that includes the following steps:
- First, download and install the Android File Transfer app on your Mac.
- Open it and connect your Android device over the USB cable.
- Tap on your Android device and change the USB use to File Transfer.
- After that, the Android File Transfer window will open and you will be able to drag your photos wherever you like.
- After you are finished, unplug your devices and that is it.